Let’s talk about nature for a second. There’s a lot of scientific literature that discusses the difference between the male and female brain, but let’s ignore that for right now. I’m not invalidating their results, but since the brain adapts to the tasks that it is most often called upon to do, those studies don’t really answer the questions of nature versus nurture. I wanted to take a minute and celebrate just a few of the differences our bodies have to offer us.
- are large and strong and well-suited for athletics.
- provide the first spark of life to the dormant egg.
- have a near-mystical connection with the rhythm of the moon.
- are more valued in reproduction and therefore are more immune to diseases and are more likely to survive childhood.
- sustain the life they helped create, until the child is viable (or, arguably ready to survive on its own).